Last updated: 25 May 2018
University of Trieste - Department of PhysicsVia Valerio 434127 TriesteITALYPhone: +39 040 558 3378Email: email@example.com
- What we collect
2.1. Information provided by you
When you register on the Website, we ask all or some for the following personal information in order to create an account for you:
Personal data collected through our website, emails or offline:
- Identity Data includes title, first name, last name, job title, affiliation and similar identifiers.
- Contact Data includes email address, telephone numbers and address.
- Profile Data includes any username and password and any feedback you provide.
Personal data collected through our website only:
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
We do not intentionally collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. Please avoid providing any such information to us.
- How we use it and on what grounds we use it
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by emailing us.
3.1 Purposes for which we will use your personal data
- To liaise with you (acting on behalf of your organisation)
- To process and deliver your organisation’s information
- To manage our relationship with you and your organisation
- To enable you to complete a survey or a feedback
- To operate, facilitate, administer, promote and protect our work, including our Website
- To deliver relevant website content to you and your organisation
- To receive consultancy, professional or other services from you
3.2 Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required by law.
- Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with third parties for the purposes set out in chapter 3.1 for legal, reporting or auditing purposes in compliance with the law.
- Data security
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. Employees and other third parties processing personal data on our behalf will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our data retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
7.1 What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We may change how we collect and use personal information at any time and without prior notice, at our sole discretion.
- Questions & suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us.